thank you all for your participation!
the VI JIA 2013 were a success!
Share your experience during the congress through this online survey:
3 CANDIDATeS to host jia 2014!
you can read nowthe preliminary proceedings of JIA 2013!
would you like to organise the jia 2014?
Take part in the call for the next JIA! Download the bases here.
The registration period is already opened! Now take a look at the programme!
Look at the Registration section to learn how to sign up for the congress. In the Programme section you will find all the information about the activities that will take place during the congress: Sessions, Posters and Workshops.
Young Researchers in Archaeology Conference 2013
Once again, we would like to invite you to participate in the Young Researchers in Archaeology Conference (Jornadas de Jóvenes en Investigación Arqueológica – JIA), aimed to researchers who are not in possession of a PhD degree (including MA/Msc and undergraduate students). It is our pleasure to announce you that the VIth JIA 2013 Conference is organized by AINUBHA (Associació d'Investigadors/es de la Universitat de Barcelona en Història i Arqueologia). The event will be held in Barcelona (Catalonia, Spain) from the 7th to 11th of May 2013 at the Facultat de Geografia i Història, Universitat de Barcelona (UB) and the Institució Milà i Fontanals, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC).
JIA 2013 Structure
The conference will be organised around the following strands:
- Workshops. For the first time in the JIA, this year there will be some workshops of great interest for young archaeologists, in order to provide a space for training and discussion as a complementary action to the conference. They will be taking place on May 7th, the day before the sessions.
- Communications and discussions in round table format. Following the model established in previous JIA, sessions will be organized in round table format.
- Posters. For any particular session or as a ‘free topic’ poster.
- Guided tours and excursions. They will take place the day after the session
- 15th February 2013: deadline for workshop, oral communication and poster proposals.
- 15th March 2013: online publication of the accepted workshops, communications and posters.
- 20th April 2013: deadline for the reception of oral communication and poster papers.
- 1st May 2013: online publication of the oral communication and poster papers.
- 7th May 2013: JIA 2013 – workshops.
- 8th-10th May 2013: JIA 2013 – sessions (oral communications and posters).
- 11th May 2013: JIA 2013 – excursion.
For any query, suggestion or comment do not hesitate to write to firstname.lastname@example.org.